American Society for Quality
ASQ serves a membership of quality professionals through educational advancement. As your career partner, ASQ membership benefits are designed to help meet your growing needs as a quality professional. Your individual ASQ Membership provides exclusive access to quality knowledge, solutions and resources to solve challenges, and skill development to advance your career. ASQ is committed to providing enhanced expertise, professional networks, tools, and solutions to help our members advance their products, services, and industries.
ASQ Excellence (ASQE) was founded in January 2020 as a trade association to set the standard for quality-driven offerings and insights worldwide, empowering the organizations it serves to achieve excellence. The flagship of ASQE’s offering includes ASQ certifications, which are powered by ASQE, and the Insights on Excellence (IOE) benchmarking tool. The IOE benchmarking tool and annual research allows ASQE organizational members the opportunity to make better informed business decisions and define a pathway to improving their performance year over year.
No matter which membership type you choose, Membership provides the resources you need to concentrate on product, service and experiential quality for powerful top-line and bottom-line results.
ASQ certification is a formal recognition by ASQ that an individual has demonstrated a proficiency within, and comprehension of, a specific body of knowledge. Over 400,000 certifications have been issued to dedicated professionals worldwide.
Invest in your career and your future with an ASQ certification. Gain an advantage over your competition and increase your potential for a higher salary. Use the interactive Certification Pathways Tool to see which ASQ Certification is right for you!
ASQ Certification at 50
ASQ certification is a formal recognition by ASQ that an individual has demonstrated a proficiency within, and comprehension of, a specific body of knowledge. Nearly 250,000 certifications have been issued to dedicated professionals worldwide.
ASQ’s first certification exam was held in 1968. Now, more than 50 years later, ASQ has granted nearly 500,000 certifications around the world and across industries.
Certifications available from ASQ
ASQ Certification - Montreal section refresher courses
The Montreal section offers refresher courses on various ASQ Certifications. You can register for these courses, even if you are not an ASQ member. Company group rates available. Courses are offered from September through to June.
Contact David Tozer at 514-694-2830 or email our Education Chair. For an application form click here.
History has shown refresher courses attendees have more than twice the certification success rate than those who don’t follow courses.
ASQ certification examinations are delivered by ASQ’s testing partner, Prometric. The examination scheduling instructions in your eligibility letter will direct you to a section of Prometric’s website, where you can select and schedule your examination date and location.
Your Recertification Journal
As an ASQ member, you are eligible to earn recertification units (RUs) when you attend ASQ webinars or complete other activities related to furthering your knowledge of quality. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Using your favourite browser, navigate to asq.org. Enter your username and password. Click on Login.
- Click on My Account near your name at the top of the screen.
- Look under the heading Education and click on My Certification. You might need to scroll down in order to see the link.
- In the left-side panel, click on My Recertification Journal.
- Scroll down and review your journal. You might have other activity types that you will want to add later.
- Select the activity type you want to add. For this demonstration, we will select Professional Development.
- Click on Add Professional Development to add an instance of that activity. A pop-up window will appear on your screen. Click on How to Claim to review the requirements for this activity.
- Fill in the required fields in the pop-up window. When you are finished, click on Submit.
- Follow this process for the other activity types that you want to record in your recertification journal.
If you have any questions, contact David Tozer our education / recertification chair.Rev. 20210313