American Society for Quality
serves a membership of quality professionals through educational advancement. As your career partner, ASQ membership benefits are designed to help meet your growing needs as a quality professional. Your individual ASQ Membership provides exclusive access to quality knowledge, solutions and resources to solve challenges, and skill development to advance your career. ASQ is committed to providing enhanced expertise, professional networks, tools, and solutions to help our members advance their products, services, and industries.
ASQ Excellence (ASQE) was founded in January 2020 as a trade association to set the standard for quality-driven offerings and insights worldwide, empowering the organizations it serves to achieve excellence. The flagship of ASQE’s offering includes ASQ certifications, which are powered by ASQE, and the Insights on Excellence (IOE) benchmarking tool. The IOE benchmarking tool and annual research allows ASQE organizational members the opportunity to make better informed business decisions and define a pathway to improving their performance year over year.
No matter which membership type you choose, Membership provides the resources you need to concentrate on product, service and experiential quality for powerful top-line and bottom-line results.
• Individual ASQ membership connects you with a diverse, global network of quality thought leaders, experts and resources you won’t find anywhere else CLICK HERE.
• ASQE’s Organizational Membership levels and benefits are expanding into three customizable levels, each with added value and offerings to empower teams to pursue organizational excellence practices. In addition to member-exclusive benefits, Organizational Members can also contribute to the annual advancement of the Insights on Excellence suite of benchmarking research and participate in the International Team Excellence Award (ITEA) program: CLICK HERE.
ASQ certification is a formal recognition by ASQ that an individual has demonstrated a proficiency within, and comprehension of, a specific body of knowledge. Over 400,000 certifications have been issued to dedicated professionals worldwide.
Invest in your career and your future with an ASQ certification. Gain an advantage over your competition and increase your potential for a higher salary. Use the interactive Certification Pathways Tool to see which ASQ Certification is right for you!
Five ASQ Certifications Earn
International ISO/IEC 17024 Accreditation!
April 14, 2022: ASQ announced that five of ASQ’s certification programs achieved ISO 17024 Personnel Certification Documentation Consultancy accreditation through the ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB). ANAB is the largest multi-disciplinary accreditation body in the western hemisphere, with more than 2,500 organizations accredited in approximately 80 countries. Federal, state, and local authorities rely on ANAB accreditation to demonstrate value and assure competency for important public priorities.
By earning ISO 17024 accreditation for Personnel Certification, ASQ demonstrates to the Quality profession it represents and the general public it serves, that its credentialing programs have been reviewed by a panel of impartial experts who have determined that our CQA, CQE, CSSBB, CMQ/OE and CRE programs have met the stringent standards set by the credentialing community.
ISO 17024 accreditation adds additional credibility and value to your ASQ Certification, and furthers our mission of offering the highest standard of professional certification to support you in your career growth. “Accreditation is not just an award – it’s critical to ensuring that there is an effective quality management system that affords greater process control, reduces risk, and ultimately results in increased customer satisfaction and sustainability of our products and services..” said ASQE CEO, Jim Templin. ASQExcellence (ASQE) was founded in January 2020 as a trade association whose mission is to set the standard for quality-driven offerings and insights worldwide, inspiring the organizations it serves to achieve excellence.
ASQ Certification at 50
ASQ certification is a formal recognition by ASQ that an individual has demonstrated a proficiency within, and comprehension of, a specific body of knowledge. Nearly 250,000 certifications have been issued to dedicated professionals worldwide.
ASQ’s first certification exam was held in 1968. Now, more than 50 years later, ASQ has granted nearly 500,000 certifications around the world and across industries.
Certifications available from ASQ
ASQ Certifications - Montreal Section refresher courses
The Montreal section offers refresher courses on various ASQ Certifications. You can register for these courses, even if you are not an ASQ member. Company group rates available. Courses are offered from September through to June.
Interested? Visit our Education Program page.
History has shown refresher courses attendees have more than twice the certification success rate than those who don’t follow courses.
ASQ Examinations - Montreal Section Study Group
If you would like to work with others to prepare for the ASQ examinations, the Montreal Section has a Teams based section study group every Tuesday evening from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Join the team and get to help each other.
Contact your host Dr. David Tozer, Montreal Section Education Chair, to obtain information and a link.
ASQ certification examinations are delivered by ASQ’s testing partner, Prometric. The examination scheduling instructions in your eligibility letter will direct you to a section of Prometric’s website, where you can select and schedule your examination date and location.
Your Recertification Journal
As an ASQ member, you are eligible to earn recertification units (RUs) when you attend ASQ webinars or complete other activities related to furthering your knowledge of quality. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Using your favourite browser, navigate to asq.org. Enter your username and password. Click on Login.
- Click on My Account near your name at the top of the screen.
- Look under the heading Education and click on My Certification. You might need to scroll down in order to see the link.
- In the left-side panel, click on My Recertification Journal.
- Scroll down and review your journal. You might have other activity types that you will want to add later.
- Select the activity type you want to add. For this demonstration, we will select Professional Development.
- Click on Add Professional Development to add an instance of that activity. A pop-up window will appear on your screen. Click on How to Claim to review the requirements for this activity.
- Fill in the required fields in the pop-up window. When you are finished, click on Submit.
- Follow this process for the other activity types that you want to record in your recertification journal.
If you have any questions, contact David Tozer our education / recertification chair.